Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Three Days Left

Crunch Time. With everyone at work today was the last lazy day I had. In the afternoon before I went for a run I ironed all my shirts and watch FOX news coverage of New Orleans sinking. From now on my time is booked every waking hour. Everything is coming together. We received a note from our family friend Jeff Cowan in Shikoai today. He is my contact in Shikaoi, although he will be leaving the morning I get into Sapporo. He said that I will be moving into his house in Shikaoi. This is very different than what I had been expecting; that I would be moving into a small apartment. Now I will be moving into a small house (around 900 square feet). This residence has a couple of advantages that hosting visitors from overseas will be markedly easier. (Shout out to Pete, Claire and James!) And also, I can play music as loud as I want just about anytime of the day and no one will care. Sadly, the only part missing of this simple dream of mine is the lack of stereo, but whatever. The disadvantages are one only that I can see- yard work. All the same the option may be open to me in the future to move into a smaller home more suitable to my idiosyncratic lifestyle. Yes, I like smaller homes.

Tomorrow night I have a reservation with friends at Cafe Select. Its a dark, quiet lounge type place that I have been going to since I finished High School. Should be great.

No comments: