Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday Afternoon


I'm back in the office for the afternoon. The slow music waifing through the CD player fits the mood of the office nicely. Nothing seems particularly pressing (expect getting ready for the weekend). I was studding Japanese but my eyes were about to cave in so I'm taking a break to post. I'm expecting an early night tonight. You may say, "But it's Friday?" But I've been out the last two nights and expect to be going out again on Saturday, Monday and next Thursday, all before I go to Sapporo on Friday night. No rest for the wary. I did have offers to go out but I politely declined, on top of feeling quite tired I also feel like eating only a small meal instead of the feasts I've been treated to the last two nights. I'm tired because of the late nights and long days - while, they are not impossibly long - but they are very physically draining. Why must kids love me so!? I was doing well all morning until I went to Urimaku kindergarten and did something stupid. No one was injured but me. As I was leaving, a small child wanted to be lifted up and hugged. "That's so sweet," I thought. Then she wanted to kind of run up my legs, while I held her hands, and do a back flip. Well... Okay... I turn around, and the next thing I see is a forest of little raised hands - everyone wants a turn. I think my arms are longer now. And they'd kick my in the groin and chin. Ouch; I am worst for wear today. In the office, Kon-san sys she's more tired because she's hungover from a late Kareoke session. Well, I'm not insane enough nor courageous enough to tackle teaching kids on six hours of sleep - my goodness - I need my wits about me! Alas, it was sunny and warm all week, so, as per Murphy's law, its going to get cold, cloudy and, perhaps - rainy - tomorrow.

No comments: