Sunday, October 23, 2005

Quiet Day for a change

It was a quiet day today. I very stealthly scheduled a day that I could catch up on the many things that needed to be done around the house and still have time to get some writing done this afternoon. The dishes and cleaning were finished by 9:00 AM and I was out of the house by 9:30 AM to write at the Pure Malt Center. A very productive day. Went running this afternoon, a good 7 km at a quick pace. I'm a bit disappointed, I have only been able to run on the weekends, which I have at least been doing religiously. It gets dark too early here (which makes the uneven sidewalks deadly) and this time of year the mornings are already quite cold and I have not bought any four season running gear. In the end, I'm too tired during the week to go running nor do I have the time. I don't feel guilty though because I chase around kids all day. I haven't seen any research but I'm sure it has to be equivalent to at least a couple of kilometres a day. So I have no guilt.

I need to be well rested this week because my evenings are packed, all the way to next Monday. Tomorrow, dinner with the high school teachers that came back from Stony Plain. Wednesday night, beer and pizza with Kevin, Yuki and Natsue. Were making the pizza ourselves because every time you order pizza it always come with corn on top. Should be a blast, we're borrowing the ovens at the Pure Malt Center because houses here don't have big ovens. Normally I don't drink beer with pizza, but do love living a cliche. Thursday night, a small small Birthday dinner with the Usui's, Sakaguchi's and Sazuki's. Friday, off to Sapporo. I have also heard that I will probably be going to Sapporo again the week after with the principal of Shikaoi High School. He stayed at our house last year and his family lives in Sapporo. I'll have to be on my best behaviour for that trip; at my most amusing, entertaining, charming, helpful, and thankful.

I had wanted to be in bed early tonite but my parents are going try to phone, so I will stay up.

No comments: