Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hockey Finals

It's shaping up to be a busy week here for me. On Thursday a group of government types are touring three of my schools, focusing on the English program. I will admit to being a bit nervous; there is a lot at stake in regards to the future of Shikaoi's English program. However, I don't let it get to me. I have never really minded being at the front of a crowd and I rather not get the students worked else everyone could just melt down. Plus, all the teachers are wound up enough for the both of us. Tomorrow at Shikaoi Sho Gakko parents will be touring the school. My classes of older students are starting large end-of-the-year projects like English skits.


I was glad to have watched the final gold metal game with friends (and good food) at the Pure Malt Center because without Canada playing there was barely a reason to pay attention. I have included a picture of Natsue and me in front of the big screen. Also coming up this weekend is a meeting in Shikaoi of about twenty Tokachi English teachers. I will most likely post again before then but I just wanted to pass on the information. Tokachi International English Circle (TIEC) is a group of teachers that tries to get together a couple of times a year to make local contacts and share classroom ideas, which sometimes can be invaluable. A really nice bunch of people.

Lots more to say but I want to get some emails off before I go to bed.

No comments: