Sunday, April 16, 2006

一年生クラスの自己紹介

Today I taugh both grade one classes and the grade two class. It was the very first English class for the grade ones and the homeroom teachers had really hyped it up. The students were intinally very shy; but about ten minutes into class that completely melted away. This gave way to a normal class environment, with very funny and excitable students.

What does one teach grade ones in their first class? A "Jikoshoukai", or "self-introduction." Starting with "Hello. My name is? Nice to meet you." Then they learned the all important Junken, or "Rock, paper, sissors" in English. This is the basis for many games. Now I am expectionally tired.

1 comment:

Kami Akai said...

Sorry for posting on an old post...It went through before I realized that it was an old post. And yes dial-up is still out here for us poor folks that live past Stony...Also I don't live in Carvel really...Just in the boonies between Wabamun and Carvel...
I've found yer blog really interesting to say the least. Hope to read more laterz!