Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Baseball

I did end up playing baseball last night and it was a lot of fun. The whole thing was very surreal because we played in thick fog/light rain. At least that is what I am blaming our loss on. Plus the whole game is heavily influenced by Japanese culture; which also made it surreal to play, but in all the good ways that drew me to Japan in the first place. It's raining - again - and looking at the radar images another huge rain storm is passing over Hokkaido. No sense putting any laundry out because it will take days to dry. I keep telling myself I don't care if it rains. Let the heavens open! As long as it clears up in time for the Stony Plain delegation trip. My Mom's arrival must go smoothly under clear skies!


I was thinking about architectural photography recently and I would like to wax poetic for a moment if I may. (It's my blog - my little piece of cyberspace - so I will commence.) Many people that like architectural photography automatically reach for a wide angle lens. It seems like good logic; one has to capture the whole structure. I have another course in mind which depends on other factors. I can not see myself competing with this reasoning because I don't have the time or the money to complete on this level. For example; I don't have access to large-format cameras to keep all the lines nice and straight. I ran the above image through a couple of my own photoshop inventions and really liked the end result. It's a much better expression of the structure - or what ever post-modern psycho babble is in vogue - than the original (seen below).

No comments: