Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh sunny Day

The big news today is that finally we saw the sun after what seemed like forever. At the moment it is not particularly sunny, but as days strung into overcast days, any sun is now welcomed. (The only reprieve was the weekend I went to Sapporo.) During the past weeks it has become progressively cooler as a result of the constant rain and clouds, but from today that trend is reversing with a high pressure system. Things are drying out nicely now. I received a startled from one of my grade ones this morning in response to my questions about the weather. "It's partly cloudy," he said. Honestly, where do they pick up such stuff? This was the same student that last week surprised me by declaring, "I like dinosaurs!"

I am taking full advantage of the weather with a long run after work today instead of hurrying to fit one in whenever the rain happens to stop. Lots of physical activities planned this month as well; a trend that I had not forsaw. Tomorrow is a Board of Education mini-volleyball tournament and next Wednesday I am taking part in a friendly softball game with my Shikaoi Sho Gakkou teachers. I made sure to make clear that I have no softball experience and they still wanted me! Baseball is so ingrained here that playing will be a great cultural experience and I am greatly looking forward to it. Ganbarimasu!

No comments: