Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Downhill to Thursday

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. On top of my abnormal uber-cleaning routine of the past month to get ready for my Mom's visit (the Japanese normally do this every Spring but I needed a bit more motivation) I am also very busy at work. Returning to the office today I found another fax to deal with. As they say: No rest for the weary. It will all get done but it cuts into time that would otherwise be spent posting. My Mom should be leaving the airport in a matter of hours. Maybe she will check my blog before she leaves? The transit for the group (from Stony Plain) is quite long. Note the timing of this post. The group does not arrive in Shikaoi until Thursday night my time. Yikes. That's brutal.

Below are pictures from Monday. Ack! Sorry for the delay. They are taken from a "Te Matsuri" during recess at Shikaoi Sho Gakko. It translate as a "hand festival". The older students have done a great job creating fun games for everyone to play all week. Balancing, ring toss, bean counting and drawing, among other things. I tried my hand at a couple of events. Actually, I am the current record holder for the event illustrated directly below; the dama holding event. I was able to hold an amazing eight grams of beads in my right hand. My students are at a slight disadvantage being younger than thirteen but the grade sixes decided to let the record stand. I nearly bowed over with surprise and laugher when I heard my name announced for it over the school's intercom.



No comments: