Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pictures from Yesterday

Stepping out from my hotel first thing yesterday morning I was quick to notice the cloudless sky. What a perfect day to spend outside! Which is exactly what I did; visiting several parks with my mom and Mrs. Suginome. My favorite was Moerenuma Park, designed by the late Nobuchi-san. It was his legacy park and he died before the park was completed. The main attraction of the park is the mesmorizing Sea Fountain, something which writing or pictures fails to get across. But there are many other things to see so we rented bicycles to see the rest of it. I was by myself to climbed the park's large man-made mountain (pictured) making sure to take my camera to the top with me. It was the same hill my dad climbed last year in Sapporo. In the afternoon, we were off to a beautiful, natural, secluded, sandy beach which is always an attraction to someone from the prairies like me. Notice the completely lack of clouds in most off my shots! It's great. How could the forecast have been so wrong?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: