Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Softball

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some technical difficulties kept this post from being put up earlier. Last night, playing for the Town Office team softball, I took some picture of us at bat. It was good weather; a bit cooler, but definitely not the rain we are getting at the moment. The play for this tournament is slightly more serious (though, it should be well noted, not serious enough to stop a keg of draft beer from being brought into our dugout). I am on what is unflatteringly, but truthfully, called the "B-team," which means if things are starting to get close, I get kicked off the field. This is exactly what happened last night when I was removed from left field. Yes, I couldn't even handle that historically slack position. This is what you get when you grow up in a hockey obsessed country; one's softball skills never develop. I wasn't too upset though, seeing as how well our team dugout was equipped. Our next game, the final, rained out today, has been re-scheduled for Monday night. I don't know who we are playing, last night, however, it was the Mayor's team. I also had the good fortune yesterday to again have supper with the Usui's outside under their homemade yoking gazebo. Kazeteru and I had a very interesting discussion about Yokohama, a city of several million, part of Tokyo's metropolitan sprawl. Often overlooked by everyone as just more Tokyo (but with a huge industrial port and navy base), I have had the opposite experience recently, hearing nothing but good things about what Yokohama has to offer. Class today was very good, with my students again displaying their boundless creativity.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: