Thursday, September 14, 2006

Summer Friday


Calgary this week, from what I hear, is getting an early insight into winter. Today, however, in Shikaoi, it is exactly the opposite, and the weather seems to have forgotten what season it is. Gone is the rain, for the moment, and out comes the Sun; without, I should add, the oppressive humity (it is a little too late in the summer for that). I look forward everyday to the cooler tempatures that come with evening. This is all good news because yesterday and today is Shikaoi's harvest festival to celebrate this year's crop. And if you can believe it, the site is not even a block from my house. Except for the increased foot traffic around my area, the festival is very Japanese and thus impecablity well behaved; so no problems there. Also lifting everyone's mood today is the fact that tomorrow marks the beginning of a long weekend. "Respect for the Age Day."

I would also like to give a big Happy Birthday to my younger brother Sean, who, for the record, can no longer be called "little brother." I was a bit worried about him spending his birthday alone because my parents have gone out East to Nova Scotia, just in time to catch the tail end of a weak hurricane. Everything should be back to normal soon.

ごめん。みんなにだいじなことを教えたい。9月13日は私の弟のたんじょう日だった。日本からすごーく“おめてと”を言いましょう。

No comments: