Sunday, October 29, 2006

Monday's post


Readers will have to make do with a much scaled-down version of my birthday post. I had a large chunk of it typed out last night when blogspot.com decided to eat the post. I lost the connection to the server when trying to save and with it the post. It feels like too much to type out again plus there is now a whole Monday worth of activities between me and the weekend. Instead I curse the very name of blogspot and offer some nice pictures instead.

The weekend end went smoothly. I had lovely weather in Sapporo, great for walking or shopping; warm and sunny. To go along with all the birthday wishes I received, I bought myself a North Face winter coat (a Japanese original, the cute salesgirl added). My parents phoned me at the Suginome's Sunday morning which was still my birthday Saturday night their time, this was to make sure they were not having any fun without me.

My big surprise for the day - and taste - was a delicious homemade chocolate birthday cake brought into the office by Vivian-sensei. Myabe a bit too sweet for my Japanese co-workers, but she knew exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

As my schools get busier for their respective school festivals, I am less and less needed. This will probably continue until the middle of November when things get back to normal. I will keep readers updated on events here.



2 comments:

tlchang said...

Well, the pictures are lovely - despite blogspot (it usually eats my pictures, but leaves my post... Fickle fiend). The cake looks luscious, and hopefully you had a most satisfactory birthday far away from home.

bb said...

Thanks for your kind comments.

And don't worry all. These types of comments won't/don't go to my head because I normally feel my other pictures - the one's I really like and that no one ever comments on - are much better. I find the whole predicament confusing.