Thursday, February 01, 2007

From the Bottle of Ice Tea Dept.

If there was one thing I wanted to do today, if I found the time, it was to update. The sun is shinning and I only wish it was less windy. I think I forgot in December how windy it gets here. The weekend looks very good at this point. there's lots of snow now, but not an epic amount, probably more that Stony Plain however. The interesting thing is that most of it is only from two big dumps.

I really woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed. I'm pretty sure it was because I have felt so exhausted since Wednesday. Just really dragging. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have gone for a run last night, but I thought it would do me good. Though I received some uncomfortable news when I got to school this morning (it wasn't directed at me) I stayed focus and didn't snap at anyone. (Oh, why must I always be the last to know?) I did my role and after talking with my students soon felt much better. They have problems too; abet small problems, but they must seem big to them. It's nice that from a big person's perspective, they are manageable, and easily fixable. Then you can leave feeling like you helped someone. Walking in the kindergarten was also a high point of the day. Playing tag for half-an-hour after school was also uplifting, but there were some causalities to take care of.

2 comments:

mr jp said...

when you say , "big person's perspective" , how old are your students ? lol.

bb said...

They are pretty young. All kindergarten and elementary students so ages 3-12ish. Starting this job last year I recognized that I had forgotten what it's like to be a kid and had to re-learn many things; such as why they make some things so difficult to open; or when you get the wind knocked out of you it really hunts; or maybe someone is not sharing...