Wednesday, March 21, 2007

走り

Nothing too extraordinary to report. I have been very happy recently with how my running has been progressing. I can't wait for Spring, then I can really start putting on the miles. Beforehand, I had set aside yesterday for what is typically classified as an easy run day (slow pace, only around an hour), but that changed once I was on the road. It was my first time outside this year, I will continue to run inside until all the snow is gone but I found the sun too tempting yesterday to pass up. Between it being a bit cold when I started out late in the morning and having the next two days off because I am busy, I decided to run hard and do hill training. There is a great hill near my house with a constant incline up of about 4%-6% for about 1km, so I ran up and down it for over an hour. I decided I am pretty good at hills. At the end of my run I was very tired and was sore for the rest of the day but today I feel great and my body has not rebelled. Running so hard as to have surprised even myself I treated myself to some potato chips while I watched sumo in the afternoon. I also saw the Usui's yesterday and made pasta for dinner.

Later this morning I am going to my grade six graduation which I think is going to be an emotional affair for the kids like it was last year.

1 comment:

mr jp said...

I've read your previous blog about the graduation.

hope this one doesn't turn out to be a cryfest ...