Saturday, April 21, 2007

Victoria Harbour

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The heart of Hong Kong seems to be the harbour and whereas the first day we satisfied ourselves with seeing the harbour from on high, today's highlight was seeing the cityscape from the water. The weather was actually better then the pictures seems to indicate. Also we had pizza for lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen and I spent the rest of my Hong Kong currency at HMV. Both of these were special because I have no opportunity to do anything like this in Tokachi. Plus we had a luxurious buffet dinner on the Island. My parents were interested in what CDs I picked up, so I will list them for everyone below.

  • The new Kings of Leon, "Because of the Times"

  • Bartok: String Quartets 1-6 by the Alban Berg Quartett

  • Mahler: Symphony No. 7 by Berlin Philharmonic (DG)

  • "Vocal Studies + Uprock Narratives" by Prefuse 73

  • Twisted Disco compilation by Head Kandi

  • Afterhours Vol. 3 compilation on Global Underground


  • Tomorrow we are up early so I can get to the airport but my parents have one more night in Hong Kong.

    1 comment:

    James said...

    I think of how impressive the cityscape would be to a small town boy, and then the inverse comes to mind; how dull the Calgarian cityscappe would be to someone who has spent many years in Tokyo or Hong Kong or etc.