Thursday, July 12, 2007

Indoor Feast


What was suppose to be a garden party by one of Shikaoi's renown green-thumbs, Mrs. Mogami (far right), was held indoors because of rainy and notable cold weather. The weather was unfortunate because it was something I was looking forward to. Humble, un-pretenious, and extremely giving, anyone that meets Mrs. Mogami is happy to know her. I'm lucky I live here and, unlike the Stony Plain delegation, I can have her, and her hospitality, to myself year round. Anyways, above is the obigatory picture of me entertaining the ladies with my Japanese.


Here Diane trying to make a point, something she is able to do with admirable frequency despite having limited knowledge of Japanese.


A group picture capped the night minus me and Yuki manning the cameras. This morning I met the Stony Plain delegation as they left for an overnight trip to Sapporo, but it was the last time I would see Diane or Mrs. Cowan because they would be seperating from the group to continue on by themselves.

No comments: