Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fun With Vegtables!


The story for today's blog actually occured last Tuesday, but in the wake of the upheaval caused yesterday's resignation I decided to postponed it. Seeing as Japan woke up as usual this morning, I will continue on as well. As is often the case I make visits to local kindergartens in addition to my regular rounds at Shikaoi's elementary schools. After finally being faced with a sunny day after many days of rain, I thought I would hold my English playtime outside. (The puddles by that time had dired up nicely.) Immediately the kids were exicted to show me their small vegtable garden and as can be seen from the pictures I was a recipient of their generosity. In the picture above I may look inatentive to the camera, but what readers can not see below the frame is one of my younger students more enthralled in rolling his green pepper around on the ground than getting his picture taken. In a stroke of creatively I used the ingredents for a pizza-inspired dinner. With some great bread from the local bakery, Hokkaido cheese, Tokachi tomatoes (which are just coming into season despite being grown indoors), and the children's green peppers I made a simple but delicious dinner well deserved after my Wednesday run. Not pictured are the finished cooked carrots which I ate on the side.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: