Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

While - the rain is away for the moment. It rained for nearly 30 hours straight until 7 this morning. It was an exception the last week's hurricane, which shifted between a drizzle and a deluge, and represented a pretty consistant down pour for hours on end. (It was maddening to constantly hear the loud pitter-patter of rain on the roof.) After doing the dishes I felt the need for some fresh air and walked down to the river. I wanted to see the condition of the waters. It was muddy and turbulent as I thought but the water didn't come up as high as the spring run off. Friday night Austin and I stopped in to see the harvest festival held down the street from me. It was on again last night but I can't imagine it was much fun with the open skies pouring forth all it had. I'm in the middle of a three day weekend. I did most of my household chores yesterday and feel like putting off the rest for tomorrow. I was also procrastinating about posting on the blog so I apologize for that. Since I didn't go out last night - too cold and wet - I will try to find some trouble to get into tonight, maybe with the firefighters. I also ran inside yesterday but the prospects look good for running outside this afternoon.

No comments: