Monday, October 01, 2007

Lazy Sunday


I was the poster boy of procrastion Sunday but will good cause; I finished all my chores Saturday. With no pressing chores I could read, listen to music, nap, watch anime at ease. Somehow blogging never crossed my mind. Sleeping, though, was on my mind, with two nearly mythological length naps Friday and Sunday night of 9 and a half hours each. What a revolation; this nearly cleared up every sore muscle that had been plaguing me recently. I did go out for a bit Saturday night just to say I went out. Laughed a lot and had an interesting conversation about Shakesphere performed in Japanese. The weekend was beautiful and I regret not harrassing a certian friend more strongly to go hiking. I sort of made up for it with great two runs. Sunday's is worth particular mention: 2 in the afternoon, the sun just starting to get lower in the sky, running in what can only be desribed as gold lighting, blue sky above. I just ran and ran. Listened to a complete CBC podcast and when that was finished switched to Radiohead's [i]OK Computer[/i], not an album I normally associate with running. There is a very interesting effect on the plateau above Shikaoi where I run. This time of year most of the grain crops are in with the veggtable crops being harvested now. Some of the fields have a very fine green covering them of next years crops already growing which has the weird visual effect of looking like someone's well manicured yard streatching to the horizon. Because I'm not training for anything, I did stop a couple of times just to enjoy the quietness, the fresh air, and the view. There are of course no cars to contend with on these back country roads, just a stiff wind that is back after a still summer. Because of the two long runs this weekend (and a shorter one on Friday), tonight I'm looking forward to having the night off.

No comments: