Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Land of the Surreal

I was thinking of misspelling surreal in the title just to make the post more surreal. I was coming in the door today when a normally quiet coworker from the other side of the office came over and asked me, is there a deer in Shikaoi elementary school? This was totally out of left field and took me by surprise. After I apprised myself of the situation I was able to answer with no great certainty that I remember a stuffed dear in the foyer of the school but hadn't explicitly noticed it recently. With no context it seemed like an absurb question. I must have seemed very uncertain because they phoned right over to find out for sure: where was the stuffed deer? Just get right on that, I thought. What could be going on that they need to know right this instant about the stuffed deer? I love living here; it keeps my mind supple.

No comments: