Thursday, May 10, 2007

北海道新聞


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I wasn't going to bring this up at all but I realized it might be more interesting for my readers. I was in the paper yesterday. Above pictures of pictures taken from yesterday's (Hokkaido wide) newspaper. Last week, the day before I went to Fukushima, we had an open class. I had known what it was about but had been so busy I barely thought anything of it. However, lo and behold, in yesterday's paper on page two, was a long story (by Japanese standards) about Shikaoi's extensive English program and how its different from the average Japanese student's English class. The text goes on to talk about lower teacher-student ratios, more hours dedicated to English per year and the use of most advance teaching methods.

2 comments:

Kami Akai said...

Wow that is really neat, having such a write-up in the paper. Also I'm not sure you're aware of this but your postings are going years into the future for some reason.

bb said...

I better check on that.. thx.