Sunday, December 18, 2005

Supper and Snow

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just got back from Sunday night dinner with the Usui's. He wanted some information about some guitars he has. The whole town really shut down today to clean up the snow. I can't believe how high the snow is piled considering that we've only had two big dumps so far. I had wanted to take some pictures today because everything looks harlious (to a person who has never seen so much snow), but the roads proved too treacherous to venture very far from home. I did snap one picture from my front door last night before I went to bed. You get some impression of how hard it was snowing, but the picture does not reflect how long it had been snowing. Furthermore, it doesn't reflect what all the snow looks like once you push it around a bit to make the roads drivable. The main roads in town are quite clear considering the totals were closer to 50cm this morning. I spend a little over an hour clearing my small driveway and now the banks are very high. The snow banks are huge! I can't believe I'll have to toss yet more snow over them. It's hard to get through my head that we have not even started the snowy season yet. I will shoot some pictures tomorrow of how we are coping here. At the moment, the wind is really picking up.

I got so involved in my reflections about Christmas in my last post I forgot to include my pictures from Friday night. You may remember that Yuki, Natsue, Kevin and I got together last month for pizza. On Friday night we tried our hand at lasagna. It was great and the girls surprised us after with nachos and Mrs. Cowan's cream cheese/tomato oven dip. I love Japanese food and I constantly wonder what on earth I'm going to eat when I get home, but sometimes, as time passes, Kevin and I really crave something with a North American taste, something greasy and sticks to your ribs (or once you've lived on Japanese food long enough, we've come to say; "sits in your stomach").

1 comment:

Span Ows said...

Hi, just blog-hopping (using the 'next blog' button)

Just thought i'd say what a fantastic picture this is, of the snow and the trees! Best of the blog but the mountain view almost pips it!

Regards.