Saturday, December 03, 2005

TGIO Party

Last night we had a Thank Goodness It's Over party at a local izikaiya, or bar. It was a lot of fun. To the side you can see Mutsumi having some midnight pineapple sherbet in an enduring, and very cute, mini pineapple. Also posted is a picture of Natsue, who last night seemed to work her way through every type of alcoholic cooler the bar stocked. The owner of the bar is Mr. Oki. He is a retired Army Captain and now operates two adjoining small bars. He is an exceedingly interesting man who speakers English with almost no accent because he spent a year at the Japanese Army, or Jaitai, language school in Tokyo. It was my first time going to his bar and I will definitely be going back. Great food. He came to Stony Plain in last Sept. with the Shikaoi delegation.
This morning I wrote for a bit then cleaned my house. It looks great. Treated myself to some Japanese food up the road, and they tried to go for a run at the sports center but found it to be closed today. I have no idea why. I will see if its open tomorrow. Tonite, I'm going to supper at the Usui's. I have to leave in just a little while.

No comments: