Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just trying to busy myself for the rest of the day. Things are very slow around the office. The telephone has barely rung. I was at Kamihoronai Sho Gakko and Kindergarden this morning. The kids were, as expected, particularly riled up returning from winter holidays. Thus, I am very tired. On a side note; I am rethinking now how smart an idea it was to teach some of the grade three boys to bodycheck Canadian style last year. Kids have great memories. The wind is just now starting to slow down and return to normal levels after three days of expectionally strong wind. Par for the course here - but the resulting drifts were startlingly big and quite dangerous if encoutered uprepared on back roads. Whole snow banks were moved by the wind and now my driveway is slightly narrower. My plans for tonite is a run at the Sport Center and then some dinner, I don't know what I am going to eat yet. I was thinking I would make Yaki Soba, which would leave me with left overs, but that seems like so much work for how tired I am. It may sound to some readers as an uneventful evening, which I don't denie, I want to read and tomorrow we at the office have plans to go to Obihiro for dinner and drinks. Should be fun. Maybe it's just me; but I have never seen icicles form sideways because of strong easterly winds (image below taken at Kamihoronai Elementary School).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Finally, I would like to extend a Happy Birthday to my father, who will be waking up a year older this morning. I know only the fuzziest outline of his day, by I am sure it does not include anything fun without me. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Monsta said...

hey, did you take those pictures? they are really good... :)

heh, writer, photographer and actor... fuiyo blair!

calvin and hobbs rawks