Thursday, January 05, 2006

Preparations

So I noticed on Google News that Canada won the World Juniors. I must say that I was not too surprised. I did think the Russians would put up a closer game would but I guess Sutter can do no wrong as coach. Albertan too I believe.

Anyway - as you may have surmised - it is a quiet day at the office. It is both Monday and Friday, heading into another three day weekend. This time though, I am off to Tokyo tomorrow to try and shock myself in to writing something worthy. I also hope to contact old family friends, have some good eats, hit some museums and art exhibitions that I have found and maybe take some pictures. Sadly, shopping is completely out of the question because everything is so expensive. The weather looks amazing for the weekend, in contrast with Shikaoi which took a turn for the colder last night, dipping for the first time to -20 C. It was surprising because it had been mild all week, with day time temps in the sun reaching +5 C.

I am literally taking every piece of electronic equipment I own which means I have to organize all the cords and wires as well. When did preparing for a weekend away become such a process? I will also have to be vigilantly, when carrying this arsenal of gadgets, of where I place my feet because I am such a klutz. It would be an expensive lesson otherwise. I assume that every hotel has free wifi but I will be busy and so my updating schedule is unknown. For the record, I am staying the heck away from Roppongi.

No comments: