Tuesday, March 28, 2006

And the Heavens opened... When I departed work yesterday my eyes were drawn to the ominous grey clouds to the West. Sure enough, within the hour, it started to rain. Then when it got colder it turned to snow. It has been snowing ever since. Big fluffy flakes, small icy flakes, and everything in between. It is still very warm today and so the snow gets very heavy, very quickly. I didn't take any pictures because it snows so much here, but if it keeps snowing into tomorrow, like the forcast says, it may be worth the effort. I really don't mind the snow, though you get soaked walking through it, so long as it stays above zero. The roads are - predictably - a mess, but are empty as the smart drivers have stayed tucked in to bed. The trees look amazing! Execpt that I if you walk under them you will get dumped on by falling snow. Did you know; every year some poor Japanese person dies from snow - a lot of snow - falling from roofs. This morning, I awakened to a loud rumble as snow avalanched off the roof above my bedroom. There is a big drift beside my house - building all season - that I'm sure will still be there in a month when the Sakura bloom. There was talk of just ordering in pizza and hibernating in the office for lunch but there is no pizza delivery in Shikaoi.

No comments: