Wednesday, April 05, 2006

著す

It is very nice to see the Sun nice and high when I leave for work these days. The weather is behaving very Spring-like, with the exception of last week's snow deluge. I have been walking to work everyday because it is so nice. When I have school my schedule is much tighter and there is no chance to slow down and walk to work. One thing walking has upset is getting home for lunch everyday; one has to walk quick. Shikaoi is interesting because the vast majority of town workers are able to go home for lunch because the town is small.

I have been writing a lot lately and this blog is getting slightly neglected. I write much like I study Japanese; very haphazardly and anarchically. I always have several writing projects on my desktop at any one time. Thus I have something to write for any mood I am in. With no deadlines or rules, I write what I want at my pace. The manuscripts, internally, are also a bit chaotic. I think this particular characteristic may have to change if I tackle anything larger because it becomes inefficient, confusing, and tedious to scroll through large works and organize the work’s top-down structure. But for the time being I like the challenge.

I have learned most of my Japanese completely on my own, this continues today. Recently I have been focusing on Kanji because that is the main thing that holds my attention. I know having no plan is probably inefficient and slow, but at least I like studying, which is a huge help in getting the job done. Reading is also important. I get more than enough opportunities to practice Japanese conversation living in here.

No comments: