Sunday, April 23, 2006

Live kindergarten blogging.

Next week I am off to Koriyama, but first I must make it through this week. I think it will go fast. In a little while I am off to Shikaoi kindergarten. It's lightly raining at the moment, very grey, maybe lightening up to the west. I hesitate to use the word studying - but we are going to study "numbers" - but really it involves much play. I will be having a class with the four year olds and then the five year olds. My friend Yohei Sakaguchi teachers the four year olds class. He helped me refine the games. Anyways, my goal for the five year olds is at least get them to count to 12 - and have fun, of course. I have also been invited to stay for lunch. It is very nice to come to the kindergartens. Sometimes at the schools I am a dead weight, and the teachers don't know what to do with me. But at the kindergartens, the teachers are always happy to have a spare set of hands. I will update again later.

No comments: