Tuesday, April 11, 2006

New Students, New Teachers

Things went very smoothly today at Tsumei Elementary School. There were a couple of new students to the school but they were all from Shikaoi so I knew them from my other schools. I was extremely surprised this morning when two of my favorite students, brothers Kazuki and Yuzuki - very kind, walked into the teachers room. Last I had seen them was at Urimaku Elementary School. There are also three new grade ones, all of which I have met at various kindergartens except one. Three new teachers as well, two of which I have worked with at other schools, leaving only one truly new to me. I will be working with a new English teacher at that school fresh from graduating in March. She looked a bit shaky today but had a lot working against here; shy of her English, shy of me, shy of the new students, shy of her very first class. At times I glance over and though shy may burst out in tears and run out. She had said early she liked children and I can't imagine any calamities. By next month she'll be teaching classes like she always has and everything will be working like a well oiled machine.

The next couple of days look very wet. They are getting over a 100 mL down south. I can deal with that as long as the snow is done for. Tomorrow back at Shikaoi Elementary School. A slow day just getting stuff at order and I can imagine a full schedule next week.

No comments: