Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Koriyama departure

Sorry for the sketchy updating the past couple of days. I have had a lot on my plate before my trip to Honshu, the main island of Japan. Nothing significant, just lots of details: packing, gifts, etc. Most people are sticking around Shikaoi; baseball seems to be a large part of many people's plans. Others, my students, vote for sleep.

Edit: I forgot to mention that today is the start of Japan's Golden Week.

This will be my second trip to Honshu after my trip to Tokyo in January. It is always kind of weird when I travel down South because many national trends just don't reach us in Shikaoi. Also, there's nothing older than about 100 years here in Hokkaido; so that's another difference as well. As I mentioned before I will try to update with a picture when I get to Fukushima-ken. My train leaves for the airport at 12:06 and I will get to Fukushima around 5:00 PM my time. I am execptionally excited.

1 comment:

Monsta said...

hey blair... hope you have a safe trip...

expecting some great pics of the place you're visiting... cheers!