Sunday, June 25, 2006

むしあつい

Today was one of the first really hot days this summer. The past month was just horrible; nothing but rain and clouds. Yesterday was nice; today was just hot. I got into my car after class and the steering wheel was seriously scorching hot. I will have to figure something out. And the steering wheel shaft creeked when I turned it; which really can't be a good sign. What really made the afternoon hot was that I stayed and played soccer for about twenty minutes with the grade sixes. I was quickly drenched in sweat and now I feel tired as I nurse a bottle of Team Japan branded water. I play baseball tonight at 8 o'clock and I assume things will be a little bit cooler buy then. It looks like a really great night to be outside. I am not sure how the whole thing is suppose to work because I am rather new to playing baseball in Japan. Should be interesting. On Sunday, I went for a very long run; my longest so far this year. I just felt like I had a lot of energy to burn. Oddly enough, it occured to me later that Sunday was also the day of the Obihiro marthon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spooooorts!!
That's great for you to play baseball and some other sports sometimes.

Did you play baseball with other teachers in Shikaoi?


Now, I'm in Tokyo...
TOOOO MUCH HOOO(T_T)OOT!
And I want you to feel this むしあつい.
It's a bit more むしあつい than it in Hokkaido.

bb said...

Yes. I played with Shikaoi Sho. Sometimes I play badminton, especially in the winder, where ever I can find a game.