Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shopping

Yesterday the delegation visited the second day of the high school festival. I knew many many people at the High School; it seemed like most of Shikaoi turned out. Every where I turned there would be new people to introduce my Mom to. The "Aka-chan Corner/Baby Room" was the most mystifying thing the delegation saw and even with my Japanese to investigate its purpose I am still at a loss to explain it. I will stop my description of it here to recreate my befuddlement for the readers. Other's in the delegation were at first leary of traveling with the student delegation, but I think everyone was very happy to see the school festival. There was also time to run into Obihiro yesterday and do some shopping. (We needed a more comfortable pillow for my Mom.) And then we had a large dinner at Tori-sei. Today, more shopping in Obihiro with Donna (of the Stony Plain delegation). The big buzz around town today is the fireworks tonite. However, the weather is also turning to rain quickly and everything is in flux by the minute. Sorry about the lack of picture, I have not had the opportunity to process some of the my shots.

No comments: