Saturday, September 16, 2006

Shikaoi Harvest Festival

I was only able to quickly visit the festival last night because of another engagement later. What can I say? This brother is busy. I did manage to bring my camera along but with so many people I knew present, it kind of skipped my mind to take it out. For example, I would be talking to someone and then hear a chorus of small voices behind me calling my name. That would be my students, of course, in high spirits last night either because it was the start of a long weekend or because they were at a festival overwhelmed with childish delights, no one could tell me. I had to contend with the pattern of saying hi and then getting called away throughout the evening and eventually, haphazardly saw everyone, though it was not for what I would call a quality visit, but I am sure they understood. My run this morning felt great. Cleaned the house, changed and then I was out the door. I thought it was especially good weather for running; cloudy with a bit of breeze, but I nearly killed myself doing a hill climb (something I have been trying to work on). It's a longer hill than I remember from the car. Now it looks gloomy outside but there is no rain forecast. This summer has been so cloudy and rainy. Still, I shouldn't complain, hearing the shock in the voices of CBC Radio Calgary this week. I thought I would try setting a goal this long weekend to do 10 km everyday, so that would make it 30 km in 3 days which is what I normally do in a week. I don't think it's a hard goal because I really like running and don't normally have any trouble with motivation.




No comments: