Friday, September 22, 2006

This week went by fast!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's Friday again. Everyone in the office seems to be in high spirits. I am often baffled by my students inability to appreciate the importance of Friday. They all say they prefer Sunday, or, goodness forbid, Monday. I guess without responsibilities and a life that more closely resembles a sit-com, one doesn't need weekends. Listing my baffles with children: it struck me as odd while introducing a picture of my family at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival to them this week that my student's consistently thought my Dad in the picture was my Grandfather, even though just seconds before I had described my Mom. (I have attached the picture below for reference.) It goes without saying that my students don't have a hope of distinguishing between Sean and I in pictures. All gaijin look the same, don't they? This weekend is what I would call a normal weekend. It's not jam packed - hour to hour, - like my weekends in the summer had been. There will be time to have a nap, watch the sumo finals, read and listen to music. Tonight I plan to go for a run and have some leftovers for dinner. On most Fridays I barely can make it until 10. I play hard. I will probably try to find some trouble to get into on Saturday night.

1 comment:

Monsta said...

friday rullz! :D