Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bad Medicine

I really wanted this to be a long and thoughtful post - goodness knows I certainly have enough content today - but I am feeling a bit under the weather, just in time for my big class tomorrow, I know. My comments are summarized in point form:

  • The funniest part of my day was taping fake weather reports with the grade 5/6 class from Sasagawa Elementary School for their weather unit. The students really got into it. They had costumes from all over the world (for example: Kenya/China), decorated the set, planned great gestures and practiced very hard. It came off great (if a little amateurish). I think they should be proud of their work because they worked hard. Canada's gestures were modeled a "Coolness"-theme (hence why both student's wore fake dread-locks, handkerchiefs, and sunglasses). It would remind anyone from Vancouver of having their weather reported to them (of more rain) by pot-heads. Very amusing.

  • I also harvested pumpkins today at Sasagawa Sho.

  • At the moment, my voice is not feeling much better then my entire body.

  • For the record (and my Mom in particular), I have just returned from the Usui's pharmacy and plan to knock this cold back to the store age from whence it came.

  • As Mrs. Usui filled my arms with various potions I was sure to get detailed instructions on the use and effect of each one because otherwise I would be completely clueless.

  • The rest can't possibly be more bitter than the one I just took.

  • Finally got the game the between the teachers and grade six baseball team finished this afternoon. Nice day for the game but the wind was very cold. I don't remember who won, but I think we were slayed by their 12 year old pitcher. He was amazing. They were very serious, calling plays and whatnot. The teachers were a bit more laid back, like pirates without a captain. I'll see how the pictures turned out tomorrow.

  • Now I am going to do the dishes while listening to the internet radio (maybe try to learn something), make dinner (perogies!) and then it is off to bed.

  • The clips of Stephen Colbert on Youtube.com are hilarious.

1 comment:

Monsta said...

taping fake weather reports? cutes.. got photos? :)