Monday, February 12, 2007

Badminton Results

Basically, the badminton tournament yesterday was set up with four big teams. Thus, lower ranked teams played lower ranked teams and everyone was assigned matches at their skill level. I thought it was a good idea to maximize fun for everyone. I was placed on the Board of Education team with seven other teachers. To my surprise, the teachers decided I should be placed on our top-tier team. My partner and I battled hard to win 2 of 3 matches but in the end the teachers lost. I think our team could have won the third match but all of our opponents quickly learned that sending the birdie my way was a mistake and thus I really didn't see as much action as I had hoped. My partner was run ragged by the end too, poor guy. I was moving around the court better then I have been recently (but not to my satisfaction) and my serving was sharp. My smash could have been a bit faster but it was well controlled (meaning I didn't send many into the net as has been a problem lately). After, we were all hungry and had a big lunch with most of the players showing up and sitting at a long table. After a smaller select group really needed an onsen. Japanese onsens are magical for punished bodies and everything felt better after. But more on Japanese onsens some other time. I'm still a bit stiff today and only planned a long walk (to keep loose) in what turned out to be great spring-like weather.

No comments: