Sunday, February 25, 2007

A dollar short



I am getting a bit behind in updates. This is the last thing I do before I go to bed. Why I am I so sleepy for a Sunday night? To continue, these images are from yesterday's smallish snow festival at Kamihoronai Elementary School put on by the PTA in honor of JICA visitors from overseas. It was great fun last year but I think more people came this year. JICA is a Japanese organization that hosts people from developing countries in an effort to share agricultural techniques. The funniest thing for me during the day is seeing all of these people freak out at winter. While it was cold at the beginning because of the wind, once it stopped, I thought it was very pleasant out. Still it was shockingly cold for some (especially if you got snow in your boots). They are all well educated but that there are places on earth that necessitated the invention of the snowmobile is mind boggling to some. This year I didn't get to take as many picture because the planned activities revolved around team games that needed my full concentration; obstacle course, snow tunneling etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried snowboarding there yet?

Missed my ski-ing moments the last time I went to Korea. And that reminds me of how much I missed snow.

Its bitter and cold, but sweet =)

bb said...

I have been snow boarding and skiing in Japan but not recently. There is lots to keep my busy during the weekends and coming from alberta the hills here are not very inspiring. A couple of turns and I would be at the bottom again (and I don't even consider myself a super-star skiier).