Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A little bit of a rest

I have some rice cooking now for dinner and seeing as there are no dishes to do I thought I would update my blog (even though the blogging community at large these days seems to have lost interest in updating their's). My excuse for not update is; for me, the end of March signals the end of the school year and brings many open classes that require more preparation. This means more running around for me than usual. Things will drop to less-than-busy-than-usual next week when school is out for spring vaction and I'm trapped in the office.

I was set to update about something else but I feel like ranting about not being able to go for a run today. It's all self imposed I assure you. I'm fighting a pain in my hamstring and while I am fairly confident it's nothing, it still requires rest. I find the situation maddening; I just want to run, or scream if I can't. The only thing that settles me down is reading the internet running forums where people discuss their injuries from "running through the pain." Real nightmarish, life changing stuff all because they didn't rest when their bodies told them. Taking solace in other's pain probably isn't what the Buddha would do but it keeps me sane. I find it interesting that my problem is not finding the motovation to go running but the motovation to stay home when that's the smart thing to do. Hopefully if I rest from any hard running and stick with just badminton I will be ready for a long run Sunday after a light run Saturday.

3 comments:

Monsta said...

eeeps, hope the injury is nothing serious

ah, rice... mmss :)

btw, i saw a documentary on japanese ppl eating rice soaked in raw eggs.. have u ever tried it? nice?

James said...

alot of runners injur their syatica nerve, which sends a sharp pain down the inside of the leg, it can also be disguised as a low back injury as the insertion point for the nerve is through the pelvis and onto the lumbar spine
be careful with your health

bb said...

Rice on Eggs. I've eaten raw eggs enough times to forget how many times I have eaten them but not enough times to called them a daily staple. Understandably, we shy away from raw eggs in Canada thus my taste for them is under deveploped.

@ james: I wouldn't classify it as a sharp pain. It goes away after warming up but that doesn't mean its not injured.

Went to the onsen last night... is there nothing it can't help?!?!