Saturday, March 31, 2007

Creative is the best way to describe it

In this space for a change I thought I would post a neat little music video that is making the rounds on the internet, shaking things up for establishment. I have decided not to embed the link but it is on youtube, so be forewarned if you are the type who is easily distracted as aimlessly wondering youtube has been known to make minutes disappear into hours.


The quirky-uber-low-budge-running-treadmill-dance-routine-music-video has been chronically overlooked, until now that is! Ok Go has turned the music industry on its head by ignoring PR people, agents, talent scouts, lawyers - basically anyone that wears a suit for a billion dollar record company - and giving away their music only to be catapulted into youtube stardom through millions upon millions of views. Good on you Ok Go. And it a catchy song too! I'm still apprehensively holding my breath for this to be revealed as a viral marketing ploy but maybe I shouldn't be so cynical.

4 comments:

Monsta said...

awesome clip!! :D

sarah said...

Nah. OKgo are good dudes, always have been. I think they're as tired of the corporate bullshit as the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

yes , indy music is the way to go ^_^

bb said...

Spread the word.