Monday, May 07, 2007

Great house in Koriyama

Well, in trying to keep the theme of architecture healthy in my blog I would like to add these images of a traditional-style house overlooking a small park only blocks away from the Tsuchiya's house. I've known about it for years but only recently thought to take a picture of it. Not out standing pictures really, more for future reference. One can't tell from the images but the layout of the house and grounds is well thought out and innovative. Everything seems to just naturally flow from one part to the other. This does not come as unexecpted in Japan. In putting these images up I don't mean to put the Tsuchiya's house down, with it's huge private garden done in the traditional style leading visitors to the entrance I still give the edge to the Tsuchiya's house. However, I really liked this house and its design. Especially its gate, which I can easily imagine welcoming guests to my house. Dr. Tsuchiya, not surprisingly, knows the owners and we were planning to take a quick look inside but we ran out of time before suitable arrangments could be made.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: