Monday, July 09, 2007

School Pictures


Today while the adult Stony Plain delegation was frolicking on the park golf course, I had the good fortune of hosting two Stony Plain high school students, Colby and Justin, at Shikaoi Elementary School. With our guests, we ran the grade sixes through their (English) paces and I'm not sure who was the more tired at the end. The first photo deserves some explaination; it was taken by one of my grade fives students during recess. While everyone had a good time, we had an especially good laugh at lunch at the expense of Justin because he hasn't quite mastered eating rice with chopsticks yet (completely understandable) and thus was the very last to finsh. To be sure, it's not a life or death issue, but I can only describe being chastized by a grade six a humbling expereince. Normally, my Japanese is at the but end of such critizisms, so I was appreciative of the change, and luckily, Justin has a good perspective about such things.

No comments: