Thursday, September 06, 2007

And back again at Friday

I woke up this morning knowing that it was going to be a good day - not a lucky day, just that I was going to be happier than normal. Hopefully it would be infectious. Nothing could sink my high spirits. Not even the weather, which has been uncooperative of late. It started to rain Wednesday night and hasn't let up since then. A typhoon is heading toward Tokyo and this had the effect of stalling a twin low pressure system above Hokkaido. It rained all day Thursday and Friday somewhere between a complete downpour and a drizzle so light one had to go outside to feel it. The lack of sun is the only constant factor, whose light I'm beginning to think I will never see again. The forecast is the same for Saturday which is a bad thing because after days of rain the summer's heat has been diminished and there is a fall chill in the air. My kindergarden students discovered a weird game today on their own that had the teachers scratching their heads. It consisted of blowing on their own and each other's arms and, well, giggling like school children. I tolerated it for as long as I could but really am looking forward to a good shower tonight (on top of my normally vigilant hand-washing routine).

edit: I forgot to mention, the wristband came off today with the help of third grader Naru-chan.

No comments: