Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lay down your burdens

Sunday afternoon I lay down in Odori Koen in downtown Sapporo and knew immediately I was going to have trouble getting up again. It was a beautiful fall day and all around one could hear the same cheerful murmur as everyone enjoyed the afternoon. For a moment both the heat of the summer and cold of winter were equally banished. The air didn't seem to belong to a big city. Larger outside problems vanished and there became just a park inhabitied by merrymakers. The following series of picture captures surprisingly well my thoughts of fairly well.


Readers will have to pardon me about including yet another picture of someone eating. Something I swore agasint. This time it's Jenna from Naroyo eating her favorite food.


Here is a picture of fellow Shikaoi english teacher Austin smiling genuinely for my camera.


Me of course, getting comfortable.


Looking down toward the Sapporo TV Tower. The tower isn't really leaning like that in real life; it's just my picture taking ability.


Looking directly up. A picture that screams, "Could one ask for a better day?!?"


I would be remissed if I didn't publicly thank the Suginome's for keeping a roof over my head this weekend, not to mention full all hours of the day.

2 comments:

jenna said...

I wish you had kept your promise to not show pictures of people eating...

Not my most flattering picture!

But it certainly was a fabulous day!

bb said...

ん、そね。