Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ice Golf

This is just a quick story from yesterday. I have been rushing around with odd jobs all day and have only just found now time to sit down and write. Please excuse its brevity, but it's pretty funny. In a classroom, all it takes sometimes is one student to go off track and the rest will follow like sheep. Case in point; yesterday teaching my grade twos, I was trying to gesture "Ice Hockey." The skates, the ice; that was no problem, but when it came to the stick, R-kun, smart bugger that he is in the front row, offered "Ice Golf?" I can see the connection but I reacted with a loud laugh at the image he suggested which the rest of the kids mistook as comformation the answer was correct. Next thing the kids are all saying "Ice Golf" "Ice Golf," some quizzly, others happy finally to have set on the answer. Now we are all off topic and readers will have to imagine me in class waving my arms wildly like I'm trying to herd monkeys, trying to get the class back on track.

No comments: