Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My oranges came and I have a headache



I normally don't complain about such things but there are worst sufferers so I decided I would mention it here just this once; I have a splitting headache. At Shikaoi Elementery School they are re-doing the roof this week - with jack hammers. I guess November seemed like a better time to be on a roof in Japan than August, but it means people will be attempting to learn under a construction site. It sounded the whole time like they were about to come down on us. Even on the first floor the din can be heard. But the ones I feel most sorry for are the five and sixes that have classrooms directly under that area. The students are starting to look nervous and twitchy and the teachers are walking around like they have constant migraines. I was only there for the morning and I had to get out. I don't know how they expect kids and staff to go a whole week.

In other news, my oranges came. Before hand I had research proper orange storage on the great library known as theinternet. A cool or warm tempature doesn't matter so much as good circulation, which would take some creativity. Now they are spread all over my house, the best pictures coming from my stuffed fridge. I have another project in mind for the oranges but that will have to wait until I have more time this weekend.

Word Count: 44625

No comments: