Friday, May 09, 2008




The bottom picture is of an especially sad sakura tree. It seems like just last week I was making fun of Albertans for their late snow and yet this was staring me in the face when I got to school this morning. It was only raining in Shikaoi (but cold), but the school, located on the plateau above Shikaoi (where I sometimes run), could not escape the the slushy fluffy snow. The kids actually seemed alright with it where as the teachers walked around like they were looking for the nearest cliff to jump off of. Being on plateau, there might have been a slim chance for that, but I knew in this case the plataue was only bordered on all sides by sharp ravines more likely to mame than finish the job completely. It would of been premature in anycase as the snow melted straight away but left a chill in the air. I'm wearing in the office now in my down vest over a sweater. I can also happily report I finished the lesson planning I needed to do for next week. Now all I have to just pick it up and go to class. My word, that's a good feeling on a Friday afternoon.

No comments: