Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tragedy Strikes Shikaoi's Sakura!

Actually not really. Or at least I'm part of the problem. Saturday and Sunday - most people in Shikaoi having the same idea - I used the sunny weather as an excuse to put off chores. Marking the air for two days was the smell of cooked meat and bitter charcoal. I fully planned to finally take pictures Monday: Monday came and was not only overcast, but miserably cold and rainy. Not the best conditions for photos. Tuesday came and I made a special effort to get out but it was windy, an effect of the storm moving on out to see. No close ups were possible. Between the strong winds and long rain, there were more petals on the ground then on some trees. I did get some shots and will put them up tomorrow. Between running and swimming today (and doing 170 push ups - Booya!), I worry even this post will become incomprehensible, and thus don't trust my photoshopping skills at the moment. (How's my spelling?) Tomorrow, tomorrow I promise! Also this week; a great badminton story. Acutally a badminton meeting. Those Japanese keep me on my toes. I also have some photos from Honshu that I eventually want to put up onto facebook. A "best of" of sorts.

No comments: