Thursday, July 24, 2008

Returning to Japan

Things are slowing returning to nomral after a couple of odd set backs yesterday. One that has surely rippled through cyberspace at this point was that my plane out of Vancouver was switch at the last moment causing a nearly 5 hour delay and me to miss my connecting flight to Sapporo (which also happened to be the last flight of the day). The airline automatically rebooked me on the first flight out the next day, put me up at the airport hotel, gave me some food vouchers and sent me on my way. Nothing too crazy marked my short in Osaka except for extreme boredom. I would have liked to explored my surroundings a bit but it was so hot and humid I mostly confined myself to the hotel and the maze of air conditioned tunnels that connect everything in Japan. I also tried a $7 Godiva Chocolate milkshake; except for the small size, it was very good. No pictures sadly. Lastly, when I got to my car at Shintoku station, its interior was predictably oven-like hot. I opened up the driver-side window to let things circulate and the thing slammed into the door, refusing to roll up again. I'm not sure why after a week of no use, plus years of working perfectly, it broke on the one afternoon it would have been nice for things to go smoothly, but in anycase I just added it to the list of things to do. I had to get on it quickly as rain was predicted for that night. Now I'm strictly focused on returning home and some travel plans in September. Tonight: badminton.

No comments: